It’s easy to think of Harry Potter’s best (and arguably smartest) friend Hermione solely as Emma Watson, the actress who played her in the movies. But the publishers of J.K. Rowling’s beloved young wizard series decided to give Ms. Granger and company a completely new look. And on Tuesday, a few more re-designs came on display for the first time.
Bloomsbury UK and Scholastic in the U.S. have released new images from the first fully illustrated edition of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, which will be hit shelves on October 6. The new edition will be a hardcover with illustrated endpapers and illustrations by Jim Kay throughout.
J.K. Rowling met with Kay and had approval during the process, according to Bloomsbury UK publicity. “She’s definitely seen the majority of the illustrations,” a spokesperson for the publisher says. In addition to the new release of what Hagrid, Hermione, Malfoy and Ron will look like in the book, images of The Boy Who Lived himself and Hogwarts were released in December. See what they look like below.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving