Sorry, anti-dentites, but dentistry has been crowned as the best occupation in the United States by U.S. News and World Report.
The website placed dentists atop its annual list of the country’s 100 best jobs. Nurses came in at No. 2, followed by software developers, doctors and dental hygienists.
The rankings are compiled by evaluating multiple criteria, including an occupation’s future growth prospects, median salary, employment rate, stress level and work-life balance. Dentists earn a median salary of $146,000 and the number of dental jobs available is expected to grow by almost 16 percent from 2012 to 2022, according to the Bureau of Labor and Statistics.
Though dentists have the best jobs, doctors have the best-paying jobs, according to U.S. News and World Report. The website also deemed public relations practitioner the best creative job, market research analyst the best business job and software developer the best STEM job.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy