Sorry, anti-dentites, but dentistry has been crowned as the best occupation in the United States by U.S. News and World Report.
The website placed dentists atop its annual list of the country’s 100 best jobs. Nurses came in at No. 2, followed by software developers, doctors and dental hygienists.
The rankings are compiled by evaluating multiple criteria, including an occupation’s future growth prospects, median salary, employment rate, stress level and work-life balance. Dentists earn a median salary of $146,000 and the number of dental jobs available is expected to grow by almost 16 percent from 2012 to 2022, according to the Bureau of Labor and Statistics.
Though dentists have the best jobs, doctors have the best-paying jobs, according to U.S. News and World Report. The website also deemed public relations practitioner the best creative job, market research analyst the best business job and software developer the best STEM job.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This