Sunday’s Golden Globes gave viewers a taste of George Clooney’s wedding to Amal Alamuddin.
Not only did the actor’s acceptance speech for the Cecil B. DeMille award sound like wedding vows — “Amal, whatever alchemy it is that brought us together, I couldn’t be more proud to be your husband” — but he said these touching words while standing there in the very tuxedo he wore while getting hitched.
Backstage at the ceremony, Clooney admitted to reporters that his tuxedo was indeed the one he wore to his wedding.
“I have one tux. Just one,” Clooney told People in 2006. “It’s a single-button [Armani]. There’s only one mistake guys can make, and that is to try to do anything fancy. Just put on a tux. Just put a tie on, put a plain shirt on, don’t wear a bolo tie, and don’t wear a cummerbund that’s crazy.”
Well, it’s good to know he’s expanded his collection to two.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time