The girls of Girls had a conversation about Tinder on People TV, and the actress’ personal reactions to the dating app are pretty in line with what their characters might think.
Zosia Mamet, who plays the curious yet naive Shoshanna, didn’t know what it was—but wanted it explained. Jemima Kirke, who plays the sexually liberated Jessa, thinks it’s a sex site. Allison Williams, the overachieving Marni, knows all about Tinder and was quick to clarify that it is “a dating app… if you’re talented at it, you can have sex eventually.”
And, finally, Lena Dunham, who plays the neurotic Hannah Horvath, sincerely believes that Tinder is a place people go when they want to be murdered.
“It’s not about being famous, it’s not about being anything, it’s not even about being in a committed relationship,” Dunham said. “I believe Tinder is a tool for murder.”
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive