The girls of Girls had a conversation about Tinder on People TV, and the actress’ personal reactions to the dating app are pretty in line with what their characters might think.
Zosia Mamet, who plays the curious yet naive Shoshanna, didn’t know what it was—but wanted it explained. Jemima Kirke, who plays the sexually liberated Jessa, thinks it’s a sex site. Allison Williams, the overachieving Marni, knows all about Tinder and was quick to clarify that it is “a dating app… if you’re talented at it, you can have sex eventually.”
And, finally, Lena Dunham, who plays the neurotic Hannah Horvath, sincerely believes that Tinder is a place people go when they want to be murdered.
“It’s not about being famous, it’s not about being anything, it’s not even about being in a committed relationship,” Dunham said. “I believe Tinder is a tool for murder.”
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time