As the Hollywood elite flashed “Je Suis Charlie” insignia on their tuxedos and ball gowns during the Golden Globes on Sunday night, Fox’s The Simpson’s also paid tribute to the French satirical newspaper Charlie Hebdo, the site of last week’s deadly terrorist attack in Paris.
Before the final commercial break of “Bart’s Best Friend,” an episode Judd Apatow wrote 24 years ago that didn’t air until Sunday, a silent animation flashed of Maggie standing in front of a red, white, and blue background while holding a tattered flag that reads “Je Suis Charlie.”
The image replicates French artist Eugène Delacroix‘s Liberty Leading the People.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve