As the Hollywood elite flashed “Je Suis Charlie” insignia on their tuxedos and ball gowns during the Golden Globes on Sunday night, Fox’s The Simpson’s also paid tribute to the French satirical newspaper Charlie Hebdo, the site of last week’s deadly terrorist attack in Paris.
Before the final commercial break of “Bart’s Best Friend,” an episode Judd Apatow wrote 24 years ago that didn’t air until Sunday, a silent animation flashed of Maggie standing in front of a red, white, and blue background while holding a tattered flag that reads “Je Suis Charlie.”
The image replicates French artist Eugène Delacroix‘s Liberty Leading the People.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears