In an emotional speech, Jeffrey Tambor dedicated his Golden Globe award for Best Actor in a Comedy to the trans community.
“This is bigger than me,” Tambor said, in accepting his award for playing Maura Pfefferman. It was a high-water mark, perhaps, for trans representation on television; the Amazon series, depicting the life of a trans woman navigating life with her family unaccustomed to her new identity, also won best comedy.
Watch the full clip here:
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving