In an emotional speech, Jeffrey Tambor dedicated his Golden Globe award for Best Actor in a Comedy to the trans community.
“This is bigger than me,” Tambor said, in accepting his award for playing Maura Pfefferman. It was a high-water mark, perhaps, for trans representation on television; the Amazon series, depicting the life of a trans woman navigating life with her family unaccustomed to her new identity, also won best comedy.
Watch the full clip here:
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time