In an emotional speech, Jeffrey Tambor dedicated his Golden Globe award for Best Actor in a Comedy to the trans community.
“This is bigger than me,” Tambor said, in accepting his award for playing Maura Pfefferman. It was a high-water mark, perhaps, for trans representation on television; the Amazon series, depicting the life of a trans woman navigating life with her family unaccustomed to her new identity, also won best comedy.
Watch the full clip here:
- Here’s How Effective the Original Vaccines Are Against Omicron
- The Promise—And Possible Perils—of Editing What We Say Online
- How Trump Survived Decades of Legal Trouble: Deny, Deflect, Delay, and Don't Put Anything in Writing
- Flint Is Still Shaken by its Water Crisis—and Residents Are Experiencing Long-Term Mental-Health Issues
- A Beer Shortage Is Brewing. A Volcano Is Partly to Blame
- How Fasting Can—and Can't—Improve Gut Health
- Cities Keep Enforcing Curfews for Teens, Despite Evidence They Don't Stop Crime
- Joe Manchin’s Red Tape Reform Could Supercharge Renewable Energy in the U.S.
- Column: We Should Talk More About What a Brilliant Actor Marilyn Monroe Was