Tiffany & Co. is featuring a gay couple in its latest engagement campaign for the first time, joining an array of other businesses that have tacitly expressed support for same-sex marriage through advertising.
“Nowadays, the road to marriage is no longer linear, and true love can happen more than once with love stories coming in a variety of forms,” a Tiffany spokesman said in a statement to Elle.
The couple in the Tiffany ad are not models, but rather a real-life NYC couple, Elle reports.
Tiffany’s ad is part of a trend among advertisers to display gay couples, including brands like Banana Republic, Gap, Chevrolet.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement