Tiffany & Co. is featuring a gay couple in its latest engagement campaign for the first time, joining an array of other businesses that have tacitly expressed support for same-sex marriage through advertising.
“Nowadays, the road to marriage is no longer linear, and true love can happen more than once with love stories coming in a variety of forms,” a Tiffany spokesman said in a statement to Elle.
The couple in the Tiffany ad are not models, but rather a real-life NYC couple, Elle reports.
Tiffany’s ad is part of a trend among advertisers to display gay couples, including brands like Banana Republic, Gap, Chevrolet.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time