Grab your short shorts and pop a stick of gum because Netflix is moving forward with its Wet Hot American Summer sequel series
As first reported by Deadline.com, practically the entire cast of the film will reunite for an eight-episode series, with filming starting this week. The now all-star cast includes Amy Poehler, Bradley Cooper, Paul Rudd, Christopher Meloni, Elizabeth Banks, H. Jon Benjamin, Michael Ian Black, Judah Friedlander, Janeane Garofalo, Nina Hellman, Ken Marino, Zak Orth, David Hyde Pierce, Joe Lo Truglio, A.D. Miles, Marguerite Moreau, Marisa Ryan, Molly Shannon, Michael Showalter and Kevin Sussman.
Details on the series are being kept under wraps, but David Wain’s original 2001 film took place on the last day of summer camp in 1981. Here’s hoping the series will touch on the counselors’ promise to reunite a decade later.
Days prior to the announcement, Netflix’s Chief Content Officer Ted Sarandos played coy when asked about the series at the Television Critics Association’s winter TV previews. “We’re really excited about the proposition of getting that show together,” he said. “Stay tuned.”
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating