George Clooney may have left the world of television behind for movie stardom long ago, but someone from his small screen past will be on hand to dole out his big honor at the Golden Globes this weekend.
The Globes have revealed to EW that Clooney’s ER co-star and love interest Julianna Margulies will present the actor with his Cecil B. DeMille Award. Doug Ross and Carol Hathaway, together again. Don Cheadle, Clooney’s co-star in the Ocean’s movies, will co-present the award with Margulies.
The Good Wife star is herself a nominee Sunday in the Best Actress in a TV Series, Drama category.
EW can also reveal that Jack Black, Benedict Cumberbatch, and Sienna Miller are joining the already long list of presenters at the show. Cumberbatch is also a nominee for his work in The Imitation Game, while Miller appears in the nominated film Foxcatcher.
The Hollywood Foreign Press Association has previously announced that Matthew McConaughey, Meryl Streep, Lupita Nyong’o, Gwyneth Paltrow, former Globes host Ricky Gervais, and more are among those handing out awards at the show, which airs Sunday, Jan. 11 at 8 p.m. ET on NBC.
- Column: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive