Photos of an 85-pound beagle taken at Chicago Animal Care and Control this week are making the rounds on Facebook. The dog was recently given up by an owner who could not care for him anymore.
“He had to be wheeled out in a wagon,” the no-kill dog rescue One Tail at a Time writes in a Jan. 6 Facebook post. “We’re calling him Kale Chips, because that’s pretty much what his future looks like.”
Another video that One Tail at a Time uploaded to Facebook shows how hard it is for the dog to walk:
The dog will remain at One Tail at a Time until he is adopted.
“We’re currently running some tests to see if there are any medical issues we need to treat first and then he will start his weight loss plan,” says Heather Owen, president of the organization’s board. “Currently we are looking to place him in a foster home (or an adopter) with minimal or no stairs that can take him to a facility where he can do hydrotherapy a few times a week.”
- Yes, Climate Change Is Making Storms Like Hurricane Ian Worse
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- What Reading 220 History Textbooks Taught One Scholar About Racism in America
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out
- How DeSantis Handles Hurricane Ian Will Shape His Political Future