Look, it’s easy to accuse artists from almost any genre of creating formulaic songs. And we can do that another time. But for now, here’s a video that takes six modern country tunes and weaves them together, ultimately proving how they really all sound the same.
YouTube user Sir Mashalot (see what he did there) decided to create this mix, featured songs by Blake Shelton, Luke Bryan, Cole Swindell, Parmalee, Florida Georgia Line and Chase Rice, just to confirm that they were indeed as similar as he thought. However, he explains that it’s simply an experiment, not meant to hate on any of these artists:
As you listen, the visuals help keep track of where one track ends and another begins.
Read next: Why Sad Music is Best for a Bad Mood
Listen to the most important stories of the day.
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space