Look, it’s easy to accuse artists from almost any genre of creating formulaic songs. And we can do that another time. But for now, here’s a video that takes six modern country tunes and weaves them together, ultimately proving how they really all sound the same.
YouTube user Sir Mashalot (see what he did there) decided to create this mix, featured songs by Blake Shelton, Luke Bryan, Cole Swindell, Parmalee, Florida Georgia Line and Chase Rice, just to confirm that they were indeed as similar as he thought. However, he explains that it’s simply an experiment, not meant to hate on any of these artists:
As you listen, the visuals help keep track of where one track ends and another begins.
Read next: Why Sad Music is Best for a Bad Mood
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve