It seems that Jeffrey Lake was really angling for 2015’s “Cool Dad” award.
The 48-year-old Poway, California, resident was arrested Friday and charged with violating the city’s “social host” ordinance, which bars the hosting of parties where underage individuals will be consuming alcohol.
Sheriff’s deputies arrived at the scene and found teenagers walking around the property holding alcoholic drinks, as well as a 17-year-old passed out in a bathroom and a 19-year-old passed out in a closet.
Several teens were dressed in lingerie and a few sported the magazine’s iconic bunny ears. Lake’s daughter Olivia (or “Liv” – the party’s theme was Liv’s Playboy Mansion) was photographed in a “revealing black top” in a picture since removed from Instagram, according to Poway ABC affiliate 10 News.
“You have a party like this and it’s as though you’re handing out hand grenades as party favors,” Poway mayor Steve Vats, who lives in the same neighborhood as the Lakes, told 10 News. “It’s a disaster waiting to happen.”
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow