Conan O’Brien and other American talk show hosts used part of their segments last night to talk about yesterday’s terrorist attack on a satirical publication in Paris that left 12 dead.
“There was a terrible tragedy in France today; 12 people were killed because a satirical newspaper made jokes that some group found offensive,” he said, continuing that the news “really hits home for anyone who, day in and day out, mocks political, social and religious figures.”
Watch the rest of Conan’s clip here.
Read next: Louis C.K. Shows Solidarity By Wearing a Charlie Hebdo Shirt on Stage
Listen to the most important stories of the day.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space