A man from Queensland, Australia, was arrested Thursday by a group of 10 police officers for wearing an “I’m With Stupid” T-shirt while he stood and waved next to campaigners from the state’s Liberal National Party (LNP).
Iain Fogerty, who runs a Twitter account parodying Queensland Premier Campbell Newman, was charged with public nuisance, the Courier Mail reports.
Campaign teams for the Australian Labor Party and the LNP had set up opposing rallies on either side of the road in a central part of the Queensland capital, Brisbane, when Fogerty began standing next to the LNP crowd in his T-shirt.
Labor Senator Claire Moore described the arrest as “just ridiculous.”
Meanwhile, Fogerty’s Twitter feed is going crazy with parody photos of people wearing “I’m With Stupid” T-shirts.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow