A man from Queensland, Australia, was arrested Thursday by a group of 10 police officers for wearing an “I’m With Stupid” T-shirt while he stood and waved next to campaigners from the state’s Liberal National Party (LNP).
Iain Fogerty, who runs a Twitter account parodying Queensland Premier Campbell Newman, was charged with public nuisance, the Courier Mail reports.
Campaign teams for the Australian Labor Party and the LNP had set up opposing rallies on either side of the road in a central part of the Queensland capital, Brisbane, when Fogerty began standing next to the LNP crowd in his T-shirt.
Labor Senator Claire Moore described the arrest as “just ridiculous.”
Meanwhile, Fogerty’s Twitter feed is going crazy with parody photos of people wearing “I’m With Stupid” T-shirts.
- In Photos: How Wildfire Smoke Impacted Cities
- How Antitrust Laws Could Kill the PGA-LIV Golf Merger
- Teens Are Taking Wegovy for Weight Loss
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best TV Shows of 2023 So Far
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk