More than a dozen demonstrators weathered subzero temperatures to protest Bill Cosby’s appearance in Kitchener, Canada on Wednesday night with signs deriding the comedian and chants aimed at fans attending his performance.
Inside the venue, Cosby took the stage donning a sweater that read “hello friend” and greeted the crowd with a “thank you” before beginning his routine with remarks about the cold weather, according to the Associated Press. No disruptions were reported during Cosby’s routine.
The iconic comedian has been immersed in a firestorm of allegations from at least 15 women who claim he sexually assaulted them in the past. Cosby has repeatedly denied the allegations.
Earlier this week, three women, who claim to have been assaulted by Cosby, filed a defamation lawsuit against the comedian, after he publicly described them as liars.
- The Case for Mediocrity
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- Meet the 2023 TIME100 Next: the Emerging Leaders Shaping the World
- Oprah and Arthur C. Brooks: How to Separate Work From Your Identity
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- You Don’t Have to Like Wrestling to Love Netflix’s Excellent Wrestlers
- The Most Anticipated Books, Movies, TV, and Music of Fall 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time