Allison Williams is tired of people scrutinizing her for being thin.
“Being analyzed about my weight drives me crazy,” the Girls star, 26, tells Glamour in the February issue. “It’s easier to say, ‘Oh, she must be anorexic and depriving herself,’ than it is to say, ‘She might have a fast metabolism.’ ”
Williams – who got engaged to College Humor co-founder Ricky Van Veen last February – says she is a naturally slim person who doesn’t diet.
“I deprive myself nothing,” she explains. “But that’s an annoying thing to say, right?”
The actress also opens up about wanting to start a family.
“I’ve known I wanted to be a mom ever since I was a baby,” she says, but admits she still hasn’t figured out the ideal timing.
“That’s a big question mark,” she tells Glamour. “And for a planner, that’s a nightmare.”
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating