A Cumber-baby is on the way!
“They are both over the moon,” says the rep.
Cumberbatch — who earned a best actor Golden Globes nomination for his role in The Imitation Game — and Hunter, 36, walked the red carpet together Saturday at the 26th Annual Palm Springs International Film Festival.
The theatre director and actress wore a flowy, patterned dress and the actor said his main focus was on the upcoming awards shows and filming a new season of his hit TV series, Sherlock.
“One thing at a time!” Cumberbatch, 38, told PEOPLE in regard to any wedding planning.
In November, the actor told PEOPLE of possible baby plans, “Oh, my God. Well, my mother is also waiting for Cumberbabies.”
The New York Post‘s Page Six was the first to report the pregnancy.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World