A Cumber-baby is on the way!
Actor Benedict Cumberbatch and his fiancée Sophie Hunter are expecting a baby together, his rep confirms in a statement.
“They are both over the moon,” says the rep.
It is the first child for the couple, whose surprise November engagement set off a social media frenzy.
Cumberbatch — who earned a best actor Golden Globes nomination for his role in The Imitation Game — and Hunter, 36, walked the red carpet together Saturday at the 26th Annual Palm Springs International Film Festival.
The theatre director and actress wore a flowy, patterned dress and the actor said his main focus was on the upcoming awards shows and filming a new season of his hit TV series, Sherlock.
“One thing at a time!” Cumberbatch, 38, told PEOPLE in regard to any wedding planning.
In November, the actor told PEOPLE of possible baby plans, “Oh, my God. Well, my mother is also waiting for Cumberbabies.”
Keira Knightley, Cumberbatch’s Imitation Game costar, is also pregnant and expecting her first child with her husband, musician James Righton.
The New York Post‘s Page Six was the first to report the pregnancy.
This article originally appeared on People.com.
Read next: Go Behind TIME’s Benedict Cumberbatch Cover With Photographer Dan Winters
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now