A Cumber-baby is on the way!
“They are both over the moon,” says the rep.
Cumberbatch — who earned a best actor Golden Globes nomination for his role in The Imitation Game — and Hunter, 36, walked the red carpet together Saturday at the 26th Annual Palm Springs International Film Festival.
The theatre director and actress wore a flowy, patterned dress and the actor said his main focus was on the upcoming awards shows and filming a new season of his hit TV series, Sherlock.
“One thing at a time!” Cumberbatch, 38, told PEOPLE in regard to any wedding planning.
In November, the actor told PEOPLE of possible baby plans, “Oh, my God. Well, my mother is also waiting for Cumberbabies.”
The New York Post‘s Page Six was the first to report the pregnancy.
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up