By now, you’ve probably accepted that the selfie stick — a device that clamps to your smartphone to enhance self-portraiture — is a real thing real people are using. But you might have a harder time accepting the latest form of selfie-enhancing technology: the Belfie Stick.
Just to clarify, a belfie is just like a selfie, except instead of your face, you’re taking a picture of your own butt. (You know, like Kim Kardashian does from time to time.) This is obviously a difficult art form, so we should all be very grateful that some very innovative person went ahead and created a device to streamline the process and generally make things easier on everybody.
The device comes from ON.com, a photo-based social media site.
“We’ve noticed a huge spike in users taking butt selfies in recent months so the natural next step was for us to develop a device to assist our users in taking one,” the site’s chief technology officer Kevin Deegan told Business Insider.
So kind of them. Belfie Sticks are currently out of stock, but you can pre-order one for $79.99.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.