The 2016 Republican presidential primary heated up a little more today as Scott Walker took a populist shot at Chris Christie over football.
Despite being governor of New Jersey, Christie is a big fan of the Dallas Cowboys and took some criticism for an enthusiastic bear hug of team owner Jerry Jones after the Cowboys’ playoff victory Sunday.
Walker didn’t criticize Christie’s choice of teams, per se, but he did take an indirect dig at the fact that he was in the owners’ box after flying to the game on a private jet paid for by the team owner:
As head of the Republican Governors Association, Christie campaigned in Wisconsin for Walker’s re-election in September, though now that both governors are gunning for the same outside-Washington slot in the 2016 primary, it looks like the gloves are going to come off.
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space