Slayer fans are getting old. In the three decades since the godfathers of thrash released their first ear-splitting albums in the early 1980s, their fans have gone from head-banging teenagers to, well, dads rocking out on their children’s pink, plastic toys.
In the video below Frank Pasquale, on the guitar, and Drew Creal, on drums, blast out an amazing litany of Slayer tunes on a First Act Discovery drum kit and guitar.
The scene is made all the more hilarious when a young child runs in front of the camera, ignoring the adults in the throes of death-metal induced nostalgia.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science