In a viral photo that is bound to make anyone who just got back from holiday vacation jealous, it looks like Jay Z, Beyoncé, their toddler daughter Blue Ivy, spent quality time with a tiger cub at the Phuket FantaSea theme park in Thailand.
The above image, which recently appeared on an Instagram account for Beyoncé fans “@Beylite“, may seem like a cute family bonding moment, but it has already stirred controversy.
The London Evening Standard reports Jan Schmidt-Burbach, a wildlife expert for animal welfare charity World Animal Protection, argues, “A tiger is not a plaything,” so animals’ “health and well-being should not be sacrificed for a photo opportunity.”
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating