In the U.S. right now, it’s snowy and cold and generally hellish. In Australia, however, it’s summertime — and it’s so hot that some people decided to try that old trick of frying eggs on the pavement.
Temperatures soared to around 44ºC Monday, which is about 111ºF. So, in other words, it’s rather hellish down under right now too — just a hotter, sweatier type of hellish. So, some intrepid YouTubers decided to bust out an iron skillet, throw some eggs in it, and watch them fry. And then eat them on bread.
So no, technically, nobody fried eggs to completion directly on the sidewalk, but still.
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up