In the U.S. right now, it’s snowy and cold and generally hellish. In Australia, however, it’s summertime — and it’s so hot that some people decided to try that old trick of frying eggs on the pavement.
Temperatures soared to around 44ºC Monday, which is about 111ºF. So, in other words, it’s rather hellish down under right now too — just a hotter, sweatier type of hellish. So, some intrepid YouTubers decided to bust out an iron skillet, throw some eggs in it, and watch them fry. And then eat them on bread.
So no, technically, nobody fried eggs to completion directly on the sidewalk, but still.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com