In the U.S. right now, it’s snowy and cold and generally hellish. In Australia, however, it’s summertime — and it’s so hot that some people decided to try that old trick of frying eggs on the pavement.
Temperatures soared to around 44ºC Monday, which is about 111ºF. So, in other words, it’s rather hellish down under right now too — just a hotter, sweatier type of hellish. So, some intrepid YouTubers decided to bust out an iron skillet, throw some eggs in it, and watch them fry. And then eat them on bread.
So no, technically, nobody fried eggs to completion directly on the sidewalk, but still.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow