It’s rare that Downton Abbey viewers get to see Lady Edith smile. But this new video changes everything. Laura Carmichael, who plays Downton Abbey‘s saddest sister, sat down with Lesley Nicol (Mrs. Patmore) and Phyliss Logan (Elise Hughes) to play the least appropriate of games: Cards of Humanity. Things escalate quickly to behavior that’s better suited for downstairs than upstairs.
“We’ve never played before so bear with us,” Nicol’s says at the start. But if you’ve ever played the card game, you can probably imagine the turn it took. Lady Edith talks about balls, Mrs. Patmore gets on the subject of farting and Mrs. Hughes says “bitches.” Lady Cora would be appalled. The three women can hardly control themselves. See if you can by watching the full clip at EW.com.
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022