Litchfield Federal Correctional Institution is getting a new inmate, as Australian model, DJ and television presenter Ruby Rose joins season 3 of the Netflix hit Orange is the New Black.
The star announced the news via her Facebook page Tuesday, along with a picture of her profile in Elle.
“Ruby Rose, 28, oozes raw sex appeal even in an orange jumpsuit, as the newest inmate – and lust object of both Piper and Alex – at Litchfield Penitentiary on this summer’s third season of Orange Is the New Black,” the magazine reports.
On top of her many roles in the entertainment industry — also working as a VJ, recording artist, and having appeared with Christina Ricci in the 2013 film Around the Block — Rose is also a prominent LGBT activist. Her short film, Break Free, is about escaping gender roles. The five minute video has been viewed on YouTube 2 million times since its July release:
Buzzfeed reported that Ruby Rose’s character, Stella Carlin, will have a “sarcastic sense of humor and captivating looks” that “quickly draw the attention of some of Litchfield’s inmates.”
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer