Litchfield Federal Correctional Institution is getting a new inmate, as Australian model, DJ and television presenter Ruby Rose joins season 3 of the Netflix hit Orange is the New Black.
The star announced the news via her Facebook page Tuesday, along with a picture of her profile in Elle.
“Ruby Rose, 28, oozes raw sex appeal even in an orange jumpsuit, as the newest inmate – and lust object of both Piper and Alex – at Litchfield Penitentiary on this summer’s third season of Orange Is the New Black,” the magazine reports.
On top of her many roles in the entertainment industry — also working as a VJ, recording artist, and having appeared with Christina Ricci in the 2013 film Around the Block — Rose is also a prominent LGBT activist. Her short film, Break Free, is about escaping gender roles. The five minute video has been viewed on YouTube 2 million times since its July release:
Buzzfeed reported that Ruby Rose’s character, Stella Carlin, will have a “sarcastic sense of humor and captivating looks” that “quickly draw the attention of some of Litchfield’s inmates.”
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive