1. China is the key to solving the problem of North Korea.
By Christopher Hill in Project Syndicate
2. Squeezing cells to make their walls temporarily permeable could open the door to new cancer and HIV treatments.
By Kevin Bullis at MIT Technology Review
3. Survivors of domestic violence are getting immediate protection from their abusers via videoconference with a court officer from their hospital beds.
By Laura Starecheski at National Public Radio
4. Japan is testing underwater turbines to harness the power of ocean currents for clean energy.
By Brian Merchant in Motherboard from Vice
5. Drones are the new tool of choice for biologists and ecologists studying endangered species.
By Aviva Rutkin in New Scientist
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.
- In Photos: How Wildfire Smoke Impacted Cities
- How Antitrust Laws Could Kill the PGA-LIV Golf Merger
- Teens Are Taking Wegovy for Weight Loss
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best TV Shows of 2023 So Far
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk