A winter weather system that was on pace to dump snow along a 2,000-mile corridor was set to snarl the morning commute for millions as it moved east on Tuesday morning, forecasters warned.
A plethora of winter watches, warnings and advisories were in effect for 22 states from Washington to New Jersey. The storm caused transport chaos in the Midwest on Monday, hitting Chicago with five inches of snow and canceling and delaying hundreds of flights.
The snow has been making its way from the Northwest since the weekend and promised a messy Tuesday morning for motorists in Philadelphia, Washington…
Read more from our partners at NBC News
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Trump Indicted in Classified Docs Case
- Jason Isbell Is Finding His Purpose
- In Photos: How Wildfire Smoke Impacted Cities
- How Antitrust Laws Could Kill the PGA-LIV Golf Merger
- Why Berberine Is Not 'Nature's Ozempic'
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best Shows to Stream on (HBO) Max
- 9 Ways to Combat Self-Criticism