The actor who played Screech on Saved by the Bell must stand trial for a stabbing incident on Christmas Day, a Wisconsin judge said Monday.
Dustin Diamond, who starred on the 1990s television show, was charged with reckless endangerment and two other counts after getting into a bar fight near Milwaukee, CBS News reports. Diamond and his fiancée were involved in the altercation with two men and a woman at Grand Avenue Saloon in Port Washington, where he lives, according to a criminal complaint.
The man’s non-serious injury was an accident, Diamond told police, and occurred while he was trying to defend his fiancée. Ozaukee County Judge Paul Malloy said there was sufficient evidence for a case against Diamond after hearing an officer’s testimony.
- AI Is Not an Arms Race
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- The End of Succession
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction