Good news for those with a sweet tooth: Girl Scouts of the USA announced three new cookie flavors Monday, including two that are gluten-free.
- Toffee-tastic: a gluten-free butter cookie with toffee bits
- Trios: a gluten-free cookie with peanut butter, chocolate chips, and whole grain oats.
- Rah-Rah Raisins: an oatmeal raisin cookie with Greek yogurt–flavored chunks.
In January 2014, the Girl Scouts said 20 councils were testing a gluten-free chocolate-chip shortbread cookie. Now, the organization tweeted Monday, “For the first time in Girl Scout history, gluten-free cookies will be available nationwide from most councils.”
FACT: For the first time in Girl Scout history, gluten-free cookies will be available nationwide from most councils. http://t.co/hMBRie8obO
— Girl Scouts (@girlscouts) January 5, 2015
The announcement comes as the Girl Scouts are at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, showing off “Digital Cookie,” a new program that is supposed to enable youngsters to sell cookies online while learning marketable business and technology skills.
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now