Good news for those with a sweet tooth: Girl Scouts of the USA announced three new cookie flavors Monday, including two that are gluten-free.
- Toffee-tastic: a gluten-free butter cookie with toffee bits
- Trios: a gluten-free cookie with peanut butter, chocolate chips, and whole grain oats.
- Rah-Rah Raisins: an oatmeal raisin cookie with Greek yogurt–flavored chunks.
In January 2014, the Girl Scouts said 20 councils were testing a gluten-free chocolate-chip shortbread cookie. Now, the organization tweeted Monday, “For the first time in Girl Scout history, gluten-free cookies will be available nationwide from most councils.”
FACT: For the first time in Girl Scout history, gluten-free cookies will be available nationwide from most councils. http://t.co/hMBRie8obO
— Girl Scouts (@girlscouts) January 5, 2015
The announcement comes as the Girl Scouts are at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, showing off “Digital Cookie,” a new program that is supposed to enable youngsters to sell cookies online while learning marketable business and technology skills.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time