Is one of your New Year’s resolutions to improve your selfie game? Hopefully not! But if it is, you should consider heading to the U.K. to take a new course dedicated solely to the art of the selfie.
City Lit, an adult-education college in London, is now offering a photography class called “The art of self portraiture.” The month-long course, which begins in March, is a “theory/practice introduction to photographic self-portraiture; it is conceived for students to improve their critical understanding of the photographic self-portrait, as well as a platform to develop ideas towards the creation of a coherent body of work.”
So in other words, yes, it’s a selfie class — but it’s not for basic iPhone pics. Students must come equipped with their own SLR cameras and knowledge of basic photography principles. Besides taking selfies, students will also need to participate in lectures, presentations, seminars, discussions and group work. It costs £132, or about $200.
Get those duck faces ready, everybody.
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now