Nicholas Carlson’s Business Insider headline Friday morning — “The Apple Watch Is Going To Be A Flop, Top Startup Investor Says” — bears almost no relation to what the top startup investor (Fred Wilson) actually said. I mention it partly because I like making fun of Business Insider’s headlines, and partly because it gives me an excuse to dig out a piece I bookmarked a few days earlier.
It’s by Rene Ritchie, editor of iMore and co-host of almost as many tech podcasts as there are days in the week.
The Apple Watch’s killer feature, he wrote in late November, having digested nearly three months of post-intro analysis, is convenience.
- The Case for Mediocrity
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- Meet the 2023 TIME100 Next: the Emerging Leaders Shaping the World
- Oprah and Arthur C. Brooks: How to Separate Work From Your Identity
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- You Don’t Have to Like Wrestling to Love Netflix’s Excellent Wrestlers
- The Most Anticipated Books, Movies, TV, and Music of Fall 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time