Rihanna hasn’t released a new album in two years and her fans are getting thirsty. As the Great Rihanna Drought of 2014 continues into 2015, she’s been teasing fans with tiny drops of new music, like the 15-second snippet of “Kiss It Better” and the miniscule preview that she released on Instagram. But now her forthcoming album, #R8, may have sprung a leak.
Over the holiday, a demo of a purported new Rihanna song called “World Peace” hit YouTube. While no one seems to know whether the track is definitely Rihanna or is actually slated to appear on Puma’s new creative director’s forthcoming album, fans are drinking it up to sate their thirst.
The song’s lyrics have a decidedly political bent with RiRi spouting bumper-sticker ready lines like, “In a perfect world, we would make love over war” and “what the world really needs, is to feel love again.” Still, if this is, in fact, a demo of Rihanna’s latest masterpiece, the Grammy winner is guaranteed to get fans dancing to the driving pop beat, which is just a few synthesizers short of “We Found Love” club potential.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization