The fifth movie in the Rambo franchise will be called Rambo: Last Blood, Sylvester Stallone announced on Twitter Saturday.
The most recent Rambo film was released in 2008 and earned more than $110 million worldwide at the box office. The franchise, which began with First Blood and has stretched over 30 years, features Stallone as a Vietnam War veteran with unmatched survival skills.
Stallone will write, direct and star in Last Blood. The film’s release date hasn’t been announced. In the film, Stallone’s character will reportedly take on a Mexican drug cartel.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Justin Worland at firstname.lastname@example.org