The sports world mourned the death of longtime ESPN anchor Stuart Scott on Sunday and recognized his groundbreaking role as a sportscaster who embraced a more personal style.
ESPN president John Skipper credited Scott’s approach to hosting with helping the network define its style.
“ESPN and everyone in the sports world have lost a true friend and a uniquely inspirational figure in Stuart Scott,” said ESPN president John Skipper in statement. “He leaves a void that can never be replaced.”
President Barack Obama issued a statement Sunday:
Here’s what the world was saying across the internet:
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- Death and Desperation Take Over the World's Largest Refugee Camp
- Right-Wing's New Aim: a Parallel Economy
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time