The sports world mourned the death of longtime ESPN anchor Stuart Scott on Sunday and recognized his groundbreaking role as a sportscaster who embraced a more personal style.
ESPN president John Skipper credited Scott’s approach to hosting with helping the network define its style.
“ESPN and everyone in the sports world have lost a true friend and a uniquely inspirational figure in Stuart Scott,” said ESPN president John Skipper in statement. “He leaves a void that can never be replaced.”
President Barack Obama issued a statement Sunday:
Here’s what the world was saying across the internet:
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Justin Worland at firstname.lastname@example.org