Pedro Almodóvar’s next film will be called Silencio and will begin shooting in April, the director told the Financial Times. The script has been completed and the film is in its casting phase.
Almodóvar described the film as a “return to the cinema of women” and said it would feature a female lead in the interview released Friday.
“It’s called Silencio because that’s the principal element that drives the worst things that happen to the main female protagonist,” he said.
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022