Dangerously cold arctic air masses are due to move across the U.S. starting on Sunday, forecasters warned, bringing the bitterest temperatures so far this winter. Wintry weather on Saturday led to numerous accidents in Michigan, Pennsylvania and Ohio due to snow and ice. Severe storms heavily damaged mobile homes and downed power lines and trees in Mississippi, with two tornadoes confirmed in the state.
Bitter temperatures will sweep the U.S. on Sunday with the first arctic mass set to target the Plains and Great Lakes region and last through Monday…
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving