Not all medicine goes down better with a spoonful of sugar.
Starbucks is offering the new espresso-based “Flat White” coffee for the serious coffee drinker, perhaps in an effort to counterbalance the sugary faux-coffee blends so beloved on its menu like the Caramel Macchiato and the Cinnamon Dolce Latte.
The Flat White is is made from two ristretto espresso shots topped off with whole milk steamed to “micro foam,” Eater reports. It’s the drink of choice for hipsters everywhere, who enjoy it with a dot of milk in the cups center to create a ephemeral latte art.
The drink will join Starbucks’ core menu and will be available at American locations starting Jan. 6.
- How the Anti-Vax Movement Is Taking Over the Right
- What Happens Next in Ukraine Could Change Europe Forever
- There's So Much More To Say About Bill Cosby
- Death Doulas Used to Be Rare. The COVID-19 Pandemic Changed That
- What It Feels Like to Be a Muslim Woman Auctioned Online by India's Right Wing
- America's First Openly Trans City Council President Wants to Heal Minneapolis
- The World's Farmers Need to Prepare for Serious Cash Crop Disruption