In the six months astronaut Alexander Gerst spent at the International Space Station, he captured an incredible compendium of images of Earth in ultra high definition. The sunrises, clouds, stars, oceans, the Milky Way, and the fragile web of cities lighted at night are collected here in a series of time-lapses.
And perhaps because Gerst is a native of techno-loving Germany, the spectacular video is accompanied by a tasteful soundtrack of spacey house music.
Gerst ended his six-month Blue Dot mission in November.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time