- Self-discipline is a better predictor of success than IQ.
- Gay men have 12 percent lower personal incomes and lesbians have 15 percent higher personal incomes than heterosexual men and women.
- Nice guys make less money, rude people have higher credit scores and being ethical can hurt your income.
- Taller people make more money and it’s because they’re smarter. Thin women make more money. Weight has a positive effect on men’s salary until they’re obese.
- Beautiful people are more successful and it’s largely because they’re more confident. Beautiful people are likely to be happier, earn more money, get a bank loan with a lower interest rate and marry a good-looking and highly educated spouse. Hot college professors make more and your house will sell for more money if your real estate agent is attractive.
- Married men make more than single men. This is even true for professional baseball players. It isn’t true for gay men, however.
- People with easy to pronounce names and wives who don’t take their husband’s name have higher incomes.
This piece originally appeared on Barking Up the Wrong Tree.
Join over 151,000 readers. Get a free weekly update via email here.
Read next: Will This Be America’s Next Economic Crisis?