Thursday was a busy day for Ohio State coach Urban Meyer as he prepared his team to take on No. 1 ranked Alabama in the Sugar Bowl, so he did not have time to catch Oregon’s rout of Florida State earlier in the day.
When he found out about the Ducks’ 39-point victory over the reigning national champions he had the exact reaction you would expect from an opposing coach.
It is pretty impressive that Meyer managed to make it the whole length of the team’s game without ever asking one of his assistants the score of the Rose Bowl, but considering the Buckeyes had to come back from a 15-point deficit to win, he probably had much bigger concerns.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time