Thursday was a busy day for Ohio State coach Urban Meyer as he prepared his team to take on No. 1 ranked Alabama in the Sugar Bowl, so he did not have time to catch Oregon’s rout of Florida State earlier in the day.
When he found out about the Ducks’ 39-point victory over the reigning national champions he had the exact reaction you would expect from an opposing coach.
It is pretty impressive that Meyer managed to make it the whole length of the team’s game without ever asking one of his assistants the score of the Rose Bowl, but considering the Buckeyes had to come back from a 15-point deficit to win, he probably had much bigger concerns.
This article originally appeared on SI.com
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now