That man above with the professional looking camera set up on the sidelines of the Fiesta Bowl is not a stringer for the Associated Press or Getty Images. It’s Ken Griffey Jr. Because, of course.
Griffey didn’t just watch the game from the sidelines Wednesday night – he photographed it for ESPN.
Griffey has taken a shine to photography since his retirement from the big leagues. His new hobby afforded him the opportunity to watch his son, Arizona wide receiver Trey Griffey, both in the flesh and from behind the lens. Arizona eventually lost to Boise State, 38-30.
No word yet on whether all of Griffey’s shots were of Trey, or just some of them. Look at the size of that lens, though!
This isn’t Griffey’s first time hitting it big with a hobby outside of baseball. One must not forget his illustrious rap debut.
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023