Taylor Swift’s 1989 has beaten out Frozen for 2014’s top selling album.
After only nine weeks on sale, Swift’s slick pop recording pipped Disney’s blockbuster soundtrack to the post, selling 3.66 million copies, according to Nielsen Music.
Frozen held the title for every other week in 2014 but in the final week came in second place with 3.53 million copies sold, Billboard reports.
It’s not the first time Swift has taken the top-selling title. In 2009, her second album Fearless took her to the number one spot, shifting 3.22 million units.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time