Edward Herrmann, the actor best known for playing Lorelai Gilmore’s father Richard on the TV show Gilmore Girls, died Wednesday.
He was 71 and his death in a New York hospital was confirmed by his manager Robbie Kass. He had been fighting brain cancer.
“Edward Herrmann, besides being an accomplished actor, was also a true gentleman and a scholar, as well as being an incredibly kind and decent man,” Kass said. “He will be sorely missed.”
Herrmann’s death will be mourned not only by original Gilmore Girls lovers but also a new generation of fans who have discovered the show since it came to Netflix in October. Herrmann won an Emmy for his role in The Practice and recently appeared in several episodes of The Good Wife.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer