To celebrate the coming new year, Wednesday’s Google Doodle features some of Google’s top search topics from 2014. The World Cup, the Rosetta Space Mission, India’s Mars Orbiter, the ALS Ice Bucket challenge, and even the now-defunct mobile game Flappy Birds all appear in the animation.
Google is also highlighting the most-searched topics of the last year.
Here are trending search terms from 2014:
Trending global news topics:
And here is Google’s year-end video:
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart