Sony’s Playstation network is “gradually coming back online,” the company announced early Saturday, two days after a hacking group claimed responsibility for downing it.
A group known as “Lizard Squad” said they hacked both the Playstation network and Microsoft’s Xbox Live just as new users were launching consoles they received on Christmas. The console’s networks allow users to play games with an online community.
On Friday, the Xbox network was “up and running,” according to NBC News.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving