Jenna Coleman has announced that she will stick around for another season of Doctor Who, as the lead character’s companion Clara Oswald.
Doctor Who fans have been at the edge of their seats since the actress, who joined the cast in 2012, expressed uncertainty over whether she would continue through season 9, reports the New York Daily News.
“It’s wonderful,” Coleman said. “I get a whole other series of stories with the Doctor and I couldn’t walk away with the story being unresolved. There is so much more to do. I think they’ve finally just reached a point where they really understand each other.”
Peter Capaldi, who plays Doctor Who, also voiced his excitement over Coleman’s decision.
“I’m thrilled,” he said. “Jenna has just been fantastic and such a pleasure to work with.”
READ NEXT Watch the 10 Most Popular Late-Night TV Clips of 2014
Listen to the most important stories of the day.
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement