Jenna Coleman has announced that she will stick around for another season of Doctor Who, as the lead character’s companion Clara Oswald.
Doctor Who fans have been at the edge of their seats since the actress, who joined the cast in 2012, expressed uncertainty over whether she would continue through season 9, reports the New York Daily News.
“It’s wonderful,” Coleman said. “I get a whole other series of stories with the Doctor and I couldn’t walk away with the story being unresolved. There is so much more to do. I think they’ve finally just reached a point where they really understand each other.”
Peter Capaldi, who plays Doctor Who, also voiced his excitement over Coleman’s decision.
“I’m thrilled,” he said. “Jenna has just been fantastic and such a pleasure to work with.”
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears