Former U.S. President George H.W. Bush was brought by ambulance to a hospital in Houston on Tuesday night, a precautionary measure after experiencing shortness of breath, his office said in a statement.
The 41st President ”will be held for observation, again as a precaution” at Houston Methodist Hospital, the statement said.
The White House said in a separate statement that President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama have been made aware of Bush’s hospitalization. The two “send their good wishes to the former President and the entire Bush family during this holiday season,” read the statement.
Bush, who is 90-years-old, recently celebrated his ninth decade by skydiving under a red, white and blue parachute.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.