Scott Eastwood is beginning his trajectory into leading man stardom. The first stop: headlining a Nicholas Sparks romance.
Eastwood stars in The Longest Ride as a cowboy/bull-rider who falls for a blonde college student, Sophia, played by Britt Robertson. Per the usual Sparksian tropes, the cowboy goes by the generic hot guy name of Luke, Luke’s career threatens the very foundation of their relationship, and their love becomes intertwined with the past romance of an elderly man, Ira, played by Alan Alda. (?!)
Also, if the trailer is to be believed, their meet cute occurs when Luke throws his cowboy hat over to Sophia; the hat becomes a supporting character in the trailer. The Longest Ride, indeed. Take at look at the chest-baring trailer for film, because there is a lot of that.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears