On the last day of J.K. Rowling’s 12 Days of Christmas Pottemore series, the fansite teased the latest piece of content on Twitter.
Alas, it was yet another disappointment, and a sad one thanks to the topic at hand: Dumbledore’s funeral.
Solving the funeral riddle with the Hogwarts Headmaster’s first name, Albus, unlocks a funeral scene that’s somber and grey. After yesterday’s lengthy piece on the childhood and future of Draco Malfoy, it seemed something magical could be in store today. But a measly three paragraphs explained the Order of Merlin, a prestigious award given to witches and wizards and, of course, to Dumbledore.
The new content from Rowling was widely criticized by fans who grumbled in the comments and from critics who claim adding more to the series now only highlights their shortcomings. But it’d be surprising to see any Potter fans turning away new content, which will undoubtedly continue. Rowling’s year was full of teasing fans with new content and information about the wizarding world. She’s also penning the screenplay for Potter spinoff Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, which is set for release in 2016. Emma Watson has even said she’d be up for a cameo in the film.
If only we had Hermione’s time turner to see what Rowling has in store for us next year.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time