When you’re making the soundtrack to the most thrillingly erotic movie ever, there are three go-to artists: Beyoncé, Miguel and The Weeknd.
So far, the only artist confirmed for the soundtrack is Beyoncé; her incredibly sensual, spooky version of “Crazy In Love” was featured in the film’s first trailer, while two tracks from her self-titled album— “Ghost” and “Haunted” — scored the film’s most recent teaser.
Now comes news that sultry alt-R&B singer Abel Tesfaye, a.k.a. The Weeknd, is also on the soundtrack to the highly-anticipated film, which hits theaters on Valentine’s Day. His contribution, “Earned It,” is in a similar vein to Beyoncé’s darkly dramatic songs — all emptiness, yearning and fervent desire. It’s like he doesn’t know that Jamie Dornan won’t be fully nude in the film.
Cross your fingers that Miguel is also on the soundtrack.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- Death and Desperation Take Over the World's Largest Refugee Camp
- Right-Wing's New Aim: a Parallel Economy
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time